Based in Baltimore, Maryland
November 1, 2007
Press / Business Contact:
P.O. Box 12063
Baltimore, MD 21281
Aaron Oldenburg is a game developer and new media artist whose primary interest is in game rules as an expressive medium. His video and interactive work has exhibited in festivals and galleries in New York, Berlin, São Paulo and Los Angeles, including SIGGRAPH and FILE Electronic Language International Festival. He teaches game design as an Assistant Professor in University of Baltimore's Simulation and Digital Entertainment program and has an MFA from the University of Maryland, Baltimore County. In October 2003 he finished two years as an HIV Health Extension Agent for the Peace Corps in Mali, West Africa.
Aaron's work has included digital interactive narrative (2000-07), commercial casual games (2007-08), and short experimental game design projects (2009-13).After that
Over the past few years he has worked in series of short videogames: based on the mechanics of religion, sound art, and currently games created using elements of traditional documentary process.
After (2010), from a series of religious games Vimeo
Pieces of Jonestown (2010), a short documentary video project Vimeo
Towa Towa (2012) on Indie Impressions, the results of an attempted videogame documentary of the Guyanese bird racing community in New York YouTube
There are far more images available for Aaron Oldenburg, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- " Maryland State Arts Council Individual Artist Award for Digital Art" - Baltimore, MD, 2010
- "Towa Towa isn’t a minigame with a bird racing theme pasted on. This is you literally counting the chirps these birds make as you judge this contest. That’s GREAT. That’s all there is. That’s enough."
- Porpentine, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "[A] surprisingly effective game about social anxiety."
- Line Hollis, Videogame criticism
- "Si Escape the Cage est particulier, c'est qu'il est peut-être le seul « escape room » dans lequel on ait immédiatement envie de se réenfermer. "
- Pierrec, L'Oujevipo
- "i screamed when both of them were coming at me IT WAS FREAKY MAN!!!!!!!"
- munkiemee, AddictingGames commenter
Videogame, interactive art and video projects. http://aaronoldenburg.net.
Team & Repeating Collaborators